MEETING AGENDA: SEPTEMBER 27, 2017 6:00 PM: Health Pavilion WellStar Atlanta Medical Center
- Get your parking validation before you leave the meeting
7:00 PM: Networking Happy Hour: City Winery @ Ponce City Market
Provides meeting dates and resources for potential, new and current members.
- Comments by Public Officials
- NPU Update- Next Meeting: Monday October 23 @ 6pm- Loudermilk Center
- Ordinance (17-O-1523) proposed Liquor License Fee increase – City Council October 24
- Art on the BeltLine: NPU approval up for vote
- Approve/Amend: August 23, 2017 Meeting Minutes (Posted in the blog section on O4WBA.com)
6:10: Treasurer’s Report: Lindsay Knodel: Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
6:15: Membership Update- 104 Members + 22 up for renewal
RENEWING Members: Studioplex, Pinnacle Credit Union
Members: Alkaloid Networks LLC AMLI O4W AMLI Park Ponce Anthem on Ashley Ardent Companies Atlanta Dream Center, Inc. Bantam Pub be(e)som candles Bellfounder Consulting BeltLandia Bicycle Tours of Atlanta Big Boy Development Inc. Black Sheep Tavern + Oyster Room Bradshaw Management Company Cafe 458 & Cafe 458 Sunday Brunch Cafe Circa Caren West PR Chrome Yellow Trading Co. Condesa Coffee Dad’s Garage Theatre Company Ed Woods & Associates LLC. Edgewood Corner Tavern Edgewood Pizza Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc. Georgia Justice Project Gimbal Group Google Fiber Harbor Grace Hospice
Historic Fourth Ward Park Conservancy Hungeling Design Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club Improp, LLC INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC Intown Piano Janke Glass Studio Joystick Gamebar King of Pops Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall Let our House Be Your Home Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative McElreath and Stevens LLC Modern Dental MOTHER Moving in the Spirit NavMar LLC Noni’s Old 4th Distillery Operation PEACE Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood PacificPoint Realty, LLC
Perennial Properties Pinnacle Credit Union Ponce City Market PREMIER CHRONIC PAIN CARE Queen of Cream RPG Holdings, LLC RWL German Imports, Inc. Sister Louisa’s CHURCH Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH Space Shop Self Storage Stoney’s Stuart Sutherland Law, LLC Studioplex Sweet Auburn Curb Market Sweet Auburn Works, Inc. Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC Terry D. Jackson, P.C. The BQE restaurant and lounge The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward The Martin Luther King Jr., Center the Sound Table Thumb’s-Up Diner Vantage Realty Partners, LLC Venkman’s Village Theatre Wingate Companies, The Masquerade, Historic 4th Ward Park Conservancy, Premier Chronic Pain Care
Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta, Helene Mills Senior Center, House of Representatives District 58, Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member, National Park Service
Associate Members: A3C Festival Gas South Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC The Imperial Opa Circus 725 Ponce Atlanta Intown Atlanta Movie Tours EnRapturing Entertainment Fabric Developers, LLC Fidelity Bank FitWit Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate Good Places LLC Hungeling CPA Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc. MASQUERADE INC Parking Company of America Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS) Urban Enterprises idealDESIGN,inc The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc Varuni Napoli Krog Street Market
JOIN THE O4WBA TODAY! www.O4WBA.com Pay monthly by credit card ONLY.
Large: Annual $1000, Monthly $83.50, Medium: Annual $750, Monthly $62.50 Small: Annual $500, Monthly $41.67, Home Based: $250 annual, Non-Profit: $250 annual, Sweet Auburn Curb Market Vendors: $200 annual
FYI: HOLIDAY HAPPY HOURS: WED. DEC 6 | 6-9 PM | Anthem on Ashley
6:20: O4WBA Strategic Plan: Lara Smith email@example.com
- 1st Committee meeting: October 12, 2017
6:25: Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPU-M Public Safety Meeting: NEW LOCATION: Southface Energy Institute, 241 Pine St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 | 6-8PM
- Special Use Permits Update: Managed park for hire at 438 & 428 Edgewood. Approved. Waiting on Urban Design. Approved at NPU-M. Archibong and Hall sponsored bill update for entire MLK District parking permits. City Council October.
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 17 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD.
- FOR ALL OF O4W. Send screenshot of camera and contact info to email@example.com
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to firstname.lastname@example.org to compile & monitor their completion.
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
6:30: Edgewood Avenue Corridor Initiative: Jeff Yancey Bellfounder email@example.com
- Thank you for everyone who attended the 9/20 Public Presentation. Thank you to Dad’s Garage for hosting. Thank you to Commissioner Keane, Jennifer Ball, LeJuano Varnell, and Johnny Martinez.
6:35: Board of Director Nominations by October 19th:
- Board of Director Elections: Wednesday October 25, 2017.
- New Board Member Meetings of 2017: Wed. November 8 (BOD), Nov 15 (general) Dec 6 (HHH)
- 5 Open seats. 8 Returning. Maximum 13 members.
- Thank you: Joe Stewardson, Matt Ruppert, Burke Sisco, Lindsay Knodel
- Qualifications: Must be a current O4WBA member and attend 80% of all board/general meetings.
- Staggered Terms: Executive and Board: 2 year terms, renewable up to 3 times
- INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING FOR THE BOARD? Attend a board info session. SIGN UP NOW
- Wednesday October 11th: 11am-Noon or Thursday October 19th: Noon-1pm
6:40: O4WBA Member Announcements
- The King Center: 50th Anniversary Events. Monday April 9, 2018 & June 23-26, 2018
- Sweet Auburn Works: 2017 Town Hall & Open House: 10/6, 11:30am-4pm. Register Now. FREE
- The Curb Market: No Garage Sale: Saturday Sept 30 | 9am-5pm
- Our Lady of Lourdes: Annual Taste of Lourdes: September 30th after the 5:00 PM Mass and Sunday, October 1st after the 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 12:00 noon Masses. $5
6:50: Introductions: Your name, business name/ address. Also mention if you are an O4WBA member.
JOIN US FOR NETWORKING HAPPY HOUR AFTER THE MEETING @ 7:00PM
City Winery @ Ponce City Market | Paid Parking or Free Parking on Street
Complimentary charcuterie platters. Purchase your own drinks.