Please share this information with your residents, community members and followers on social media and in email newsletters. This is a global event that is happening right in the O4W and everyone has a chance to be a part of it! There are street closures that will affect both residents and businesses within the city of Atlanta.
Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr’s Assignation: MLK50Forward.org
- Events start on April 3rd and end on April 9th.
- Full List of Events: http://www.
- The King Center will be a special presentation at the O4WBA’s March 28th meeting from 6-7pm regarding the 50th anniversary events, with specifics about the march on April 9th. Workshop to immediately follow.
- Meeting is held at WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Health Pavilion at 320 Parkway Drive.
April 9, 2018: Service and March for Humanity from Ebenezer to Morehouse
- Service at Ebenezer Baptist Church for invited guests
- 11:00am: Assembly for March will encompass many streets surrounding the King Center from Randolph to Fort Street on Irwin Street and Auburn Auburn as well as side streets. Meet at the King Center on Auburn Avenue
- Download Assembly and Street Closures in PDF
- Encourage your community members and friends to use Marta (MLK Station on Dekalb/Hilliard) Atlanta Streetcar (get off at Hilliard & Edgewood), bike and or walk. If parking, limited parking will be in the National Parks Service lot off of John Wesley Dobbs. Ride share is encouraged with drop off locations outside of the staging area.
- 11:30am: Procession Route
- Join the commemorative funeral procession
- Share & Add Event to your FB Page: the Drum Major Project Procession Facebook Event
- #MLK50Forward #
Prepare for the march with a Armbands of Hope and Wreath Making FREE Workshop
- WHEN: Wednesday, March 28th 7:00-8:30pm
- WHAT: In preparation for the procession, a series of collaborative art making workshops are being held. The workshops are forums for diverse communities across Atlanta to come together to express their individual and collective commitment to manifesting Dr. King’s principles of love, peace, kindness, and justice through art.
- WHERE: WellStar Atlanta Medical Center- Health Pavilion- 320 Parkway Drive. Validated parking available next to building.
- PROVIDED: All supplies to make your armband or wreath to be used in the April 9th procession. Refreshments will be served.
- FREE- all ages. Open to everyone!
- HOSTED by the Old Fourth Ward Business Association.
- SPONSORED by Sweet Auburn Works and Pinnacle Credit Union
- FACILITATED by Firehouse Creative Productions
- RSVP IS REQUIRED: Eventbrite Facebook
- March 24th, 1-4pm, The King Center (armbands)
- March 31st, 1-4pm, The King Center (wreaths)
- April 3 and 4th 11-2pm, Woodruff Park (wreaths and armbands)
Please distribute this information widely and invite your personal friends to join us in a March for Humanity. We are marching in solidarity toward the future, in witness to the past.