Another wonderful turnout. Thank you for everyone who attended. If you missed it, read on and click the links for more information.
O4WBA Board of Directors:, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc. Joe Stewardson, President: Big Boy Development, Matt Cook, Secretary: Pinnacle Credit Union, Billy Hungeling, Treasurer: Hungeling & Sons CPA, Kyna Jackson, Co-Vice President: J Miles Salon, Lara Holland, Membership Benefits Chair: Centered Table, Marcel Crudele, Digital Marketing Chair: soket, Kit Sutherland: Sutherland & Associates, Matt Rupert, Event Chair: Noni’s, Eric Lawton, Membership Benefits Chair: Modern Dental, Mike Rabb Co-Vice President, Corner Tavern, Not Attending: James McConnell, Restaurant Owners Committee Chair: MOTHER, Michael Garber, Public Safety Chair: The Gimbal Group
O4WBA Members: A3C Festival, Avid Entrepreneurship, Ed Woods & Associates LLC, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, Fred Martin Welding Co, INC., Flux Projects, Martin Luther King SR CRC, National Park Service, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Peaceful Clouds, LLC, Ponce City Market, Pop Dog Atlanta, RPG Holdings, LLC, SEVCD, Inc., Sutherland & Associates, LLC., Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC., The Byrd’s Box, The Kindezi School at Old 4th Ward, Truly Living Well Center for Urban Agriculture, Truly Living Well Center for Urban Agriculture, and Waheh
Community Attendees: John L Jones: Wheat Street Baptist Church, 7 Oaks Co, Solutions Not Punishment, Massage By Design, Barbazo Bunner, Fourth Ward West Neighborhood Association, Erosol, Micheal McGraw Jr, Dennis Holmes, Tim O’Toole, Dozie Ike, Robb Miltner, Marilyn B Winn, Teresa Gregorio, Mohammad Hameed
- Comments by Public Officials-No officials present
- NPU Update- Next Meeting Monday September 28 @ 6pm
A working group is being formed to review how the city handles ordinances regarding the film and entertainment industry. Catherine Chase will represent the NPU-M on this committee. Joe Stewardson will be writing a letter expressing interest in this project.
- Approve/Amend: Meeting Minutes August 26, 2015
Kit Sutherland made a motion to accept the minutes; Billy Hungeling seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Old Fourth Ward Business Association is now accepting nominees for 2015-2016 Board of Directors. 2 OPEN Qualified nominees must own a business located within the boundaries of the Old Fourth Ward and be a current member of the organization. Interested? Send complete contact information including business name, business address, brief bio and reasons for consideration including ideas to further strengthen the mission of the O4WBA along with how you would implement your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2014. The nominations and elections of the board of directors will take place at the general meetings. Vote on Wed. October 22, 2014.
Nominees: Terry D. Jackson, Terry D. Jackson P.C.
6:10-6:15: Treasurer’s Report: August Profit and Loss Statement
As of August 31, 2015 there is a net income of approximately $29k. Membership dues are up 24%; currently $40k in the bank. Items are currently being purchased from the money earned at FIT4.
- Credit Card Processing Notice: EMV Chip Conversion by October 1, 2015
Billy gave a reminder to all business owner of the liability shift regarding the new chip cards.
6:15-6:20: Membership Update- 89 members! Goal of 100 by December 9th
- NEW MEMBERS: Gauge Fitness, Harbor Grace Hospice, Soul Food Cypher, Auburn Ave Gifts
- RENEWING MEMBERS: Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate, Sweet Auburn Real Estate, Corner Tavern
- NEW SPONSORS: Post Film + Branding + Design (New Messaging for O4WBA.com)
Members: ATL 2.Oh!, Auburn Avenue Specialty & Gifts, Bad Dog Taqueria O4W, Bantam Pub, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, Big Boy Development Inc., Boulevard BP, Caren West PR, Centered Table Co., Condesa Coffee, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, Delightful Eatz Restaurant Bar & Grill, Ed Woods & Associates LLC., Edgewood Corner Tavern, Flux Projects, Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc., Gauge Fitness, LLC, Georgia Justice Project, Gimbal Group, Harbor Grace Hospice, Harold’s Chicken & Ice Bar, Hungeling Design, Impact Sports LLC, Improp, LLC, J MILES SALON, Janke Glass Studio, Joystick Gamebar, just add honey tea company, Le Metro Creperie, Levine City Real Estate, Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative, McElreath and Stevens LLC, Mindzai Creative, Miss D’s Pralines and POpcorn, Modern Dental, MOTHER, Nadia’s Lens, Noni’s, Old Fourth Ward Community Association, Inc., Operation PEACE, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood, PacificPoint Realty, LLC, Peaceful Clouds, LLC, Perennial Properties, Pinnacle Credit Union, Pizzeria Vesuvius Etc, Ponce City Market, RPG Holdings, LLC, RWL German Imports, Inc., SEVCD Inc., Sister Louisa’s CHURCH, Soket, Soul Food Cypher, Studioplex, Sutherland Associates, LLC, Sweet Auburn Curb Market, Sweet Auburn Real Estate, Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC, Terry D. Jackson, P.C., The Byrd’s Box, The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward, The Martin Luther King Jr., Center, the Sound Table, Thumbs-Up Diner, Tillman Residential, Truly Living Well Center for Urban Agriculture, Vantage Realty Partners, LLC, Village Theatre, Waheh, WAX
- Honorary Members: Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner, Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member, National Park Service
- Associate Members: A3C Festival, Avid Entrepreneurship, Coutastic LLC, Flux Projects, Gas South, Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate, Hungeling & Sons CPA, idealDESIGN,inc, King of Pops, Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC, PostFilm Branding+Design, Pappy Hines Seafood and Bar BQ, Pop Dog, Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House, Imperial Opa Circus, Unreel Studio City
- Sponsors: Oxley Internet Solutions, PostFilm Branding+Design, Mindzai Creative, Caren West PR, soket, Fulton County Commissioner Joan Garner, and Gas South
JOIN THE O4WBA TODAY! www.O4WBA.com Pay monthly by e-check or credit card.
Checks are not accepted for monthly memberships
Large: Annual $1000, Monthly $83.50, Medium: Annual $750, Monthly $62.50
Small: Annual $500, Monthly $41.67, Home Based: $250 annual, Non-Profit: $250 annual, Sweet Auburn Curb Market Vendors: $200 annual, Highland Walk & Pencil Factory: $500 annual sponsored by Perennial Properties
6:15-6:20: Membership Benefits Chairs: Lara Holland and Eric Lawton email@example.com
Ready. Set. Grow! SEMINAR BY O4WBA MEMBER AVID ENTREPRENEURSHIP with Pinnacle Credit Union
- Fri. OCT. 9, 2015 9:30 AM -12:00 PM breakfast sponsored by Pinnacle Credit Union
- REGISTER: $149 or 100% Discount for members https://readysetgrow.splashthat.com
Downtown Distribution postponed. Need 12 more. Only $300 for 10,000 workers/300 offices
6:20-6:25: Restaurant Owners Committee: CHAIR: James McConnell (MOTHER) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group communication on issues that affect O4W restaurant and bar owners- security, street closures due to festivals and movie filming. Join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165098340494351/
6:25-6:30: Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) email@example.com
- Security Patrol Proposal: Starting on Edgewood Ave but will expand as needed with participation
There is a proposal to turn Edgewood/Boulevard into a no cruising zone. This committee meets the last Friday of every month.
- Graffiti Task Force Forming: $1000 from FIT4 funds to be used to start this task force. Email Michael to join!
- 311: If you see problems on the street (pot holes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email and confirmation # to firstname.lastname@example.org to compile and monitor their completion to present to City council.
6:30-6:40: Fire in the Fourth: Project Updates & 2016 Launch
- 3 Trash Cans Ordered ($3,681): Vote for 3: SW corner Boulevard & Baker/Highland (CVS), South side North Ave @ MARTA bus stop between Piedmont & Central, South side Edgewood & Blvd, Edgewood & Jackson, NE corner of Ralph McGill RANK THE LOCATIONS HERE
- Old Fourth Ward Mural @ Glen Iris & North: Artist: Will Mitchell with Squared Away Signs Start date: 10/17 ($1000)
- Clean Car Campaign: $3000 with partnership with YoBlvd. RANK THE SLOGANS AND HELP HERE
2016 Launch: Saturday April 30, 2016 3pm-11pm
Managers Needed: See roles, what to expect and SIGN UP! NEXT MEETING: NONI’S WED. 10/21 @ 10AM
6:40-6:45: Community Updates:
- Church Bar reopens after fire tonight @ 7:30pm- Let’s meet up after the networking happy hour
- Martin Luther King National Historic Site: Annual Legacy Campout on September 25-26, 2015
- FWA Clean up Saturday September 26 @ 9:30am Pocket Park @ Angier and Blvd (Clean up for ASA)
- Atlanta Streets Alive: Sunday September 27 2-6pm. Highland + Blvd O4W Booth @ Blvd & Angier
- Mrs. Evelyn Lowery “Hero” Mural Dedication with Kwanza: Monday Sept 28 @11:30am Bell Street & Auburn
- Afropunk Festival: October 3 & 4: Central Park
- Sweet Auburn Music Festival: October 3 & 4: 320 Irwin Street
- Ponce City Market: Party on Ponce October 10, 2015 5-11 PM Tickets on Sale NOW!
- Red Bull Box Car Race Saturday October 24, 2015 11am North @ Glen Iris. Street Closures
6:45-6:55: O4WBA Member New Business/Announcements
- Flux Night DREAM: Saturday October 3, 2015: 7-Midnight. Street Closures Info HERE
- Kindezi School Old Fourth Ward: Host for October 10th Fall Community Clean Up Sign up to Volunteer
Volunteers will meet at Fort Street Baptist Church at 9 a.m.
6:55-7:00: Meet and Greet
- Introduce yourself and your business. Mention if you are an O4WBA member too!
JOIN US FOR NETWORKING HAPPY HOUR AFTER THE MEETING @ The Bryd’s Box and Just Add Honey Enjoy drinks and treats. 10% off Byrd’s Box and 15% off Just Add Honey