Established in March of 2012, the Old Fourth Ward Business Association (O4WBA) is a non-profit membership based association [501(c)6] dedicated to fostering a safe and sustainable business environment, engaging community involvement and promoting a positive image of the Old Fourth Ward. The O4WBA is the first business entity to be recognized as an official civic association by the City of Atlanta’s Neighborhood Planning Unit system and serves on the executive committee of NPU-M.
In Attendance: 36
O4WBA Board of Directors:, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc. Joe Stewardson, President: Big Boy Development, Cynthia Nesbitt, Secretary: Pinnacle Credit Union, Lara Holland, Membership Benefits Chair: Centered Table, Kit Sutherland: Sutherland & Associates, , Eric Lawton, Membership Benefits Chair: Modern Dental, Terry Jackson, Terry D. Jackson PC
Not Attending: Marcel Crudele, Digital Marketing Chair: soket, Kyna Jackson, Co-Vice President: J Miles Salon, James McConnell, Restaurant Owners Committee Chair: MOTHER, Matt Ruppert, Festival Event Chair: Noni’s, Michael Garber, Public Safety Chair: The Gimbal Group, Billy Hungeling,Treasurer: Hungeling & Sons CPA
O4WBA Members: 725 North, American National, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company,Fidelity Bank, FitWit, Harbor Grace Hospice, Highland Athletic Club, McArthur’s Apothecary, National Parks Service, District 54 House Rep Park Cannon, Ponce City Market SEVCD Inc., Social Media For Small Business, Inc., Sutherland Associates, LLC, Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture,
Community Attendees: Sysco Atlanta, Princess Wilson, Beck, Marc Naylor, Sunsprings Partners, Belinda E Edwards,
Justin McLeod, Pamela P Carn, Kathryn Stanley, Fourth Ward Alliance, Techno BBQ, Amir Farokhi, John Rose,, Rach Makes Cakes
- 6:00-6:10: Welcome: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter: O4WBA
- Comments by Public Officials- Judge Belinda Edwards was in attendance and announced that she is running for an open seat on the Fulton County Superior Court bench. She encouraged everyone to get out and vote.
- NPU Update-Joe Stewardson discussed new a new development that is in discussion across from Bedford Pines
- Approve/Amend: February 24, 2016 Meeting Minutes (Posted in the blog section on O4WBA.com) Kit Sutherland brought forth a correction to the February 24, 2016 minutes. The correction is to the NPU Update-it should state that there is an opening in the NPU Public Safety Chair that needs to be filled. Motion was made and passed accepting the minutes with this correction.
6:10-6:15: Treasurer’s Report: February 2016 P&L Statement Jennifer Ohme delivered the Treasurer’s Report in Billy Hungeling’s absence.
As of 2.29.16 there is $27,674.71 in the bank. This is up $2,180.64 from February 2016.
$7,592.67 is membership dues; up $2,465.18 from February 2016.
6:15-6:20: Organization Update
- New O4WBA Sponsorship Package for 2016 Become a sponsor and/or help us spread the word
- Comcast Work Day: Suggestions on painting or clean up areas
Two suggestions came from the floor: Hope-Hill E.S. and a pediatrician’s office located on North Ave.
6:20: Membership Update- 108 Members
- NEW MEMBERS: Queen of Cream, Chrome Yellow Trading Co, McArthur’s Apothecary, Bradshaw Management Co.
- NEW HONORARY: Natalyn Archibong City of Atlanta District 5 Council Member, House Representative Park Cannon
- NEW SPONSOR: Sysco Atlanta
- RENEWING MEMBERS: RWL German Imports, Pinnacle Credit Union, WAX, The SoundTable, 4th&Swift
Members: 4th&Swift, 725 Ponce, Alkaloid Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co., ATL 2.Oh!, Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, Auburn Avenue Specialty & Gifts, Baked, Bantam Pub, be(e)som candles, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, Big Boy Development Inc., Boulevard BP, Bradshaw Management Company, Cafe 458 & Cafe 458 Sunday Brunch, Caren West PR, Centered Table Co., Chrome Yellow Trading Co.,Condesa Coffee,Dad’s Garage Theatre Company,Daphne Edgewood Properties LLC,Delightful Eatz Restaurant Bar & Grill,Ed Woods & Associates LLC.,Edgewood Corner Tavern,Edgewood Pizza,Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc.,Gauge Fitness, LLC,Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate,Gimbal Group,Harbor Grace Hospice,Havana Cigars, Hope-Hill Elementary Foundation,Hungeling Design,Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club,Improp, LLC,Intown Piano, J MILES SALON, Janke Glass Studio,Joystick Gamebar, just add honey tea company, Levine City Real Estate, Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative, McArthur’s Apothecary,McElreath and Stevens LLC, Miss D’s Pralines and Popcorn, Modern Dental, MOTHER, NavMar LLC,Noni’s,Old Fourth Ward Community Association, Inc.,Operation PEACE,Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church,Out of Hand Theater,P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood, PacificPoint Realty, LLC,Peaceful Clouds, LLC, Perennial Properties,Pinnacle Credit Union,Ponce City Market,Pop Dog Atlanta, Queen of Cream, RPG Holdings, LLC,RWL German Imports, Inc.,SEVCD Inc.,Sister Louisa’s CHURCH,Soket,Soul Food Cypher, Studioplex,Sutherland Associates, LLC,Sweet Auburn Curb Market, Sweet Auburn Real Estate,Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC, Terry D. Jackson, P.C.,The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward,The Martin Luther King Jr., Center,the Sound Table,Thumb’s-Up Diner, Tillman Residential, Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture,Vantage Realty Partners, LLC, Venkman’s, Village Theatre, Waheh, WAX
- Honorary Members: Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner, Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member, National Park Service, Natalyn Archibong City of Atlanta Distict 5 Council Member, House Representative Park Cannon
- Associate Members: A3C Festival, Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, Coutastic LLC, Fidelity Bank, FitWit, Gas South, Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate, Hungeling & Sons CPA, idealDESIGN,inc, Keep Atlanta Beautiful, King of Pops, Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC, Out of Hand Theater, PostFilm Design Co, ShiftWeb Solutions, Social Media For Small Business, Imperial OPA Circus, Urban Enterprises, Ward Legacy Group
- Sponsors: PostFilm Design Co, Caren West PR, soket, and Sysco Atlanta
JOIN THE O4WBA TODAY! www.O4WBA.com Pay monthly by e-check or credit card.
Checks are not accepted for monthly memberships
Large: Annual $1000, Monthly $83.50, Medium: Annual $750, Monthly $62.50
Small: Annual $500, Monthly $41.67, Home Based: $250 annual, Non-Profit: $250 annual, Sweet Auburn Curb Market Vendors: $200 annual, Highland Walk & Pencil Factory: $500 annual sponsored by Perennial Properties
6:20-6:25: Membership Benefits Chairs: Lara Holland and Eric Lawton firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 member decals now available. Display them proudly on your business door
- All members receive 1 window decal, 1 metal sign and up to 5 posters. Outdoor banners are available also. Please display the signage at your business on private property only.
- Member to Member Offers: Members go to: http://o4wba.wildapricot.org/Sys/Login to log in. Fill out the form and to see member offers. Offers will be updated and emailed to members once a month.
- Current offers from: MLK Sr Collaborative, Fidelity Bank, Pinnacle Credit Union, Social Media for Small Business, soket, Coutastic, Gauge Fitness, FitWit and Be(e)some Candles
6:25-6:30: Restaurant Owners Committee: CHAIR: James McConnell (MOTHER) email@example.com
- Group communication on issues that affect O4W restaurant and bar owners- security, street closures due to festivals and movie filming. Join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165098340494351/
6:30-6:35: Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 Committee Focus See more great information and important links
- Graffiti Task Force April 9th: 9-Noon O4WBA Members submit your property with photo to email@example.com with a photo by Friday April 1st SEE GUIDELINES HERE AGREEMENT FOR GRAFITTI ABATEMENT $1000 of funds from FIT4 went to this cleanup
- 311: If you see problems on the street (pot holes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email and confirmation # to firstname.lastname@example.org to compile and monitor their completion to present to City council. Joe Stewardson updated the membership on this tool to report problems in the area as noted.
6:35-6:40: Fire in the Fourth: Saturday May 21, 2016 | 3-11PM | Auburn and Edgewood Ave fireinthe4th.com
- Become a FIT4 Sponsor– Fundraising Goal is $85,000 for 2016 Deadline for print materials 3/25/16
- ENGLUFED: Beer on the Street: Red Hare Brewing $10,000, Liquor on the Street & VIP: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Fernet Shots, Corralejo Tequila and Borghetti Coffee Liquor $10,000, Beer in VIP: Creature Comforts and 3 Taverns $2,000. ACCELERANT: Resurgens- Avenue Realty $3,750. GREAT ATLANTA FIRE: Auburn Avenue Jazz Concert: Kwanza Hall $5000, Fire-o-rama: Terry D. Jackson $5000, Ride the Fire: Wingate $1500, REFLASH: Themed Seating: Fred Martin Welding-In-kind, HOT SPOTS $500: Photo booth- Joystick Gamebar, Acoustic- Fidelity Bank, Strings- McArthur’s Apothecary, Janke Glass Blowing- Sutherland Associates, Movement- Noni’s, HBCU- Modern Dental, Comedy- Curb Market WORKING FIRE: VIP Sysco and Venkman’s, Fire Games- Meredith Shearer and Gauge Fitness, Fuel-Havana Cigars and DigitechU, Volunteer & Performer Food- Harold’s Chicken and Ice Shack and PopDog Atlanta.
- New Additions in 2016 VOLUNTEER SPONSOR 2016 COLLABORATORS
- Hot Sauce! in the City: Bantam Pub, 4th & Swift, Edgewood Pizza, The SoundTable, Noni’s and Pop Dog Atlanta
- Community and Celebrity Judging Contest: Saturday April 16th from 2-4pm @ The Curb Market FREE The winning sauce of this contest will be bottled and sold at FIT4. The proceeds from these sales will go to benefit the Boulevard Food Co-Op.
6:40-6:45: Community Updates:
- FYI: National Human Trafficking Hotline 1.888.373.7888 signage is available see the law regarding posting
- Sweet Auburn Works: Urban Land Institute Sweet Auburn Retail Strategies
- Cabbagetown Transportation Committee: 3-minutes street and parking survey
- Midtown Alliance Transportation Plan: http://www.communityremarks.com/Midtown/index.php
- Central Atlanta Progress Annual Meeting: Wednesday March 31, 2016, 7-9:15 AM
- Fourth Ward Alliance: Taste of the Fourth June 9, 6-9pm @ Camden O4W To participate:email@example.com
6:45-6:55: O4WBA Member New Business/Announcements
- Martin Luther King Sr. Collaborative Resource Center: FREE Vita Tax Preparation See info here
- 725 Ponce: Project update http://725ponce.com/ A representative was present to announce the changes to the current Kroger site located on Ponce de Leon next to Ponce City Market. Refer to 725ponce.com
- Centered Table: urbancityfresh.org Eat Street and Farm to Fork Summer Program
- The Music Room: Intersection of Dream with Push Push Film & Theatre March 13- April 5
- Fit Wit: 10 Year Anniversary Celebration Saturday, April 16 from 9-12p 828 Ralph McGill
6:55-7:00: Meet and Greet
- Introduce yourself and your business. Mention if you are an O4WBA member too!
JOIN US FOR NETWORKING HAPPY HOUR AFTER THE MEETING @ Baked | 7-8 PM
480 John Wesley Dobbs @ Tribute Lofts. $3 House wine by the glass, $4 Mixed drinks, half price appetizer with entree