Thank you to everyone who attended the April meeting.
O4WBA Board of Directors Present:, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc.; Michael Garber, Gimbal Group: Public Safety Chair; Lindsey Knodel: Pinnacle Credit Union, Treasurer; Heather Infantry: Moving in the Spirit, Secretary, Jeff Yancey: Bellfounder Consulting, Marjan Yavari: NavMar, Co-Vice President, Matt Ruppert: Noni’s, Festival Chair, Stephanie Davis: Google Fiber, and Joe Stewardson, President, Big Boy Development, Lara Smith: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chair, and Kit Sutherland: Sutherland Associates LLC, Community Liaison.
- IT’S OUR 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
Approval of Meetings:
- February 22, 2017 Meeting Minutes – APPROVED
- 104 current members (2017 Goal – 150 members)
- 19 members up for renewal
- RENEWING Members: Bradshaw Management Co, Sutherland Associates, Pinnacle Credit Union, Beesome Candle, Noni’s, the SoundTable, Thumbs Up Diner
- Members: Alkaloid,Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co. AMLI O4W AMLI Park Ponce AMLI Parkside Ardent Companies Atlanta Dream Center, Inc. Atlanta Real Estate Assembly Bantam Pub Bellfounder Consulting BeltLandia Bicycle Tours of Atlanta Big Boy Development Inc. Bradshaw Management Company Cafe 458 Cafe Circa Caren West PR Centered Table Co. Chrome Yellow Trading Co. City of Ink City Winery Atlanta Condesa Coffee Dad’s Garage Theatre Company Ed Woods & Associates LLC. Edgewood Corner Tavern Face.Eye.Body Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc. Gauge Fitness, LLC Gimbal Group Google Fiber Harbor Grace Hospice Havana Cigars Hungeling Design Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club Improp, LLC INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC Intown Piano J MILES SALON Janke Glass Studio just add honey tea company Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative McArthur’s Apothecary McElreath and Stevens LLC Modern Dental MOTHER Moving in the Spirit NavMar LLC Noni’s Old 4th Distillery Operation PEACE Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Out of Hand Theater P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood PacificPoint Realty, LLC Peaceful Clouds, LLC Pinnacle Credit Union Ponce City Market Queen of Cream RPG Holdings, LLC RWL German Imports, Inc. Sister Louisa’s CHURCH Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH Soket Space Shop Self Storage Stoney’s Sutherland Associates, LLC Sweet Auburn Curb Market Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC Terry D. Jackson, P.C. The BQE restaurant and lounge The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward The Martin Luther King Jr., Center the Sound Table Vantage Realty Partners, LLC Venkman’s Village Theatre Waheh WAX WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Wingate Companies
- Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta Natalyn Archibong Helene Mills Senior Center House of Representatives District 58 Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member National Park Service
- Associate Members:725 Ponce A3C Festival Atlanta Intown Atlanta Movie Tours EnRapturing Entertainment Fidelity Bank FitWit Gas South Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate Hungeling CPA idealDESIGN,inc Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc. Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC Parking Company of America Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS) Social Media For Small Business, Inc. The Imperial Opa Circus The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc Urban Enterprises
Social Media & Contact Update:
- Currently up to 2,200 likes on Facebook
- Promoting O4WBA and Fire in the Fourth through separate social media outlets
- Follow & Like Us @ O4WBA: Twitter, Facebook & Instagram. Use #O4WBA #O4W
- We share member’s posts, events, tweets & grams. Member events get added to our FB events list.
- Add email@example.com to your Public Relations list for all press releases
6:25-6:30: Public Safety Committee:
Zone 6 Update:
- Crime is down a few percentage points over last year to date
- Fairly significant increase in shoplifting (no vehicle larceny increase though)
- Highest overall crime is “entering autos” larceny (but still down)
- Lock up valuables even if behind gates. People will jump gates to steal (i.e bikes)
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 30 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD.
- Send screenshot of camera and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to email@example.com to compile and monitor their completion.
Fire in the Fourth (May 20, 2017 3-11PM):
- Theme: 100 Years After the Fire | FREE for All-Ages | Edgewood and Auburn Avenues
- NEW WEBSITE – fireinthe4th.com
- NEW SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram #fireinthefourth and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fireinthe4th/
- Performances – Imperial Opa Circus, Circus Combustus, Janke Glass Blowers, Showtime Dance Divas, Giant Cardboard Puppets, chalk artists, aerial dancers, Out of Hand Theater and others
- Kids programming provided by Moving in the Spirit, Operation Peace and Kindezi School
- Atlanta History Center scavenger hunt of the major milestones of the fire
- Total VIEW VIP: Bone Lick BBQ, Creatures Comforts, Arches Brewery, A/C, elevated viewing.
- 100 Year History of Blvd – Interactive installation featuring Wellstar, Wingate, King Center, RenewAtlanta
- 2017 Sponsors: Presenting sponsor Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, Accelerant sponsor Wingate Companies, Beer sponsor Wicked Weed Brewing, Liquor Sponsor Tito’s Vodka and VIP sponsors Creature Comforts and Arches Brewing. Themed lounge by Gas South and Hot Spots by Modern Dental, Perennial Properties, Pinnacle Credit Union, Parking Company of America and Sparks sponsor DigitechU.
- Printed materials for SPONSORSHIP DEADLINE is MARCH 31, 2017 – Become A Sponsor
- We are just $25K away from our goal
- VOLUNTEER for 4-hour shifts Sign up until April 20. Volunteer Orientations 5/3 or 5/6
- MORE MARTA Listening Session Thursday March 23, 2017, 6:30-8:00PM Big Bethel AME
- Parkway/Wabash Park Future Community Meeting #2 Tuesday March 28 6-7:30PM BluePrint Church
- Dekalb Avenue Complete Streets Public Input Meeting 2 March 30, 2017 6-8PM Liberty Baptist Church. Presentation of improvement options based on first public meeting
- LAST DAY for Public Comment on RENEW ATLANTA Monroe/Boulevard Complete Streets Project Friday March 31, 2017 www.RenewAtlantaBond.com RenewAtlanta@AtlantaGA.gov
- Repaving Auburn Avenue in the summer where the streetcar runs
- enhanced sidewalk work on edgewood jackson to blvd
- FWN: Hope Hill Mural Highland/Randolph. Donate supplies, time or help paint by number. April 19-23. firstname.lastname@example.org
O4WBA Member Events:
- Moving in the Spirit: YASS: Young Artistic Strong Sisters Friday March 24, 8-9PM, FREE Agnes Scott College
- Old Fourth Distillery: Mayoral Candidate Meet and Greet Series: Ceasar Mitchell Thursday March 29, 2017 (part of a series for all candidates. open to O4W businesses and residents only)
- 6:30-8:30 PM, FREE. Limited Space. Must RSVP: email@example.com or 404.876.3365
- Martin Luther King Sr Center: FREE Tax Prep, Tuesdays & Saturdays until 4/17. Great for employees
Adjourned 6:59 PM
Submitted by Heather Infantry, Madame Secretary
2017 Meetings: April 26, FIRE IN THE FOURTH – MAY 20, 2017, May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27,