6:00-6:10: Welcome: IT’S OUR 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
- Comments by Public Officials
- NPU Update
Approve/Amend Pervious Month’s Meeting Minutes: Heather Infantry: Secretary
- February 22, 2017 Meeting Minutes (Posted in the blog section on O4WBA.com)
6:10: Treasurer’s Report: Lindsay Knodel: Treasurer: email@example.com
6:15: Membership Update- 104 Members + 19 up for renewal – 2017 Goal: 150 Members
RENEWING Members: Bradshaw Management Co, Sutherland Associates, Pinnacle Credit Union, Beesome Candle, Noni’s, the SoundTable, Thumbs Up Diner
Members: Alkaloid,Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co. AMLI O4W AMLI Park Ponce AMLI Parkside Ardent Companies Atlanta Dream Center, Inc. Atlanta Real Estate Assembly Bantam Pub Bellfounder Consulting BeltLandia Bicycle Tours of Atlanta Big Boy Development Inc. Bradshaw Management Company Cafe 458 Cafe Circa Caren West PR Centered Table Co. Chrome Yellow Trading Co. City of Ink City Winery Atlanta Condesa Coffee Dad’s Garage Theatre Company Ed Woods & Associates LLC. Edgewood Corner Tavern Face.Eye.Body Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc. Gauge Fitness, LLC Gimbal Group Google Fiber Harbor Grace Hospice Havana Cigars Hungeling Design Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club Improp, LLC INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC Intown Piano J MILES SALON Janke Glass Studio just add honey tea company Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative McArthur’s Apothecary McElreath and Stevens LLC Modern Dental MOTHER Moving in the Spirit NavMar LLC Noni’s Old 4th Distillery Operation PEACE Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Out of Hand Theater P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood PacificPoint Realty, LLC Peaceful Clouds, LLC Pinnacle Credit Union Ponce City Market Queen of Cream RPG Holdings, LLC RWL German Imports, Inc. Sister Louisa’s CHURCH Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH Soket Space Shop Self Storage Stoney’s Sutherland Associates, LLC Sweet Auburn Curb Market Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC Terry D. Jackson, P.C. The BQE restaurant and lounge The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward The Martin Luther King Jr., Center the Sound Table Vantage Realty Partners, LLC Venkman’s Village Theatre Waheh WAX WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Wingate Companies
Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta Natalyn Archibong Helene Mills Senior Center House of Representatives District 58 Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member National Park Service
Associate Members:725 Ponce A3C Festival Atlanta Intown Atlanta Movie Tours EnRapturing Entertainment Fidelity Bank FitWit Gas South Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate Hungeling CPA idealDESIGN,inc Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc. Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC Parking Company of America Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS) Social Media For Small Business, Inc. The Imperial Opa Circus The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc Urban Enterprises
JOIN THE O4WBA TODAY! www.O4WBA.com Pay monthly by credit card ONLY.
Large: Annual $1000, Monthly $83.50, Medium: Annual $750, Monthly $62.50 Small: Annual $500, Monthly $41.67, Home Based: $250 annual, Non-Profit: $250 annual, Sweet Auburn Curb Market Vendors: $200 annual
MEMBER ONLY INFORMATION:
Want to be included on the monthly agenda? Please submit your events, announcements and programs to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Include images and flyers in JPG format as well as website links. You will have 3 minutes to present. Limited to 4 slots per month, deadline strictly enforced.
6:20: Social Media & Contact Update: Kit Sutherland: Community Liaison: email@example.com
- Follow & Like Us @ O4WBA: Twitter, Facebook & Instagram. Use #O4WBA #O4W
- We share member’s posts, events, tweets & grams. Member events get added to our FB events list.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Public Relations list for all press releases
- New Mailing Address: 130 Boulevard NE #3 Atlanta GA 30312
6:25-6:30: Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) email@example.com
- Zone 6 Update:
- Crime is down a few percentage points over last year to date
- Fairly significant increase in shoplifting (no vehicle larceny increase though)
- Highest overall crime is “entering auto’s” larceny (but still down). CLEAN CAR CLEAN CAR CLEAN CAR!
- Lock up valuables even if behind gates. People will jump gates to steal (i.e even bikes).
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 17 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD.
- FOR ALL OF O4W. Send screenshot of camera and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to email@example.com to compile & monitor their completion.
6:30: Fire in the Fourth: May 20, 2017 3-11PM Matt Ruppert: Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme: 100 Years After the Fire | FREE All-Ages | Edgewood & Auburn Aves
NEW WEBSITE: by Wildcat Echo, art direction by GraphikNation fireinthe4th.com:
NEW SOCIAL: Follow us on Instagram #fireinthefourth LIKE Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fireinthe4th/
- Performer Line Up: Almost finalized. Live music, dance, interactive art, glass blowing, fire, circus performers…
- Total VIEW VIP: Bone Lick BBQ, Creatures Comforts, Arches Brewery, A/C, Elevated viewing.
- 100 Year History of Blvd: Interactive installation featuring Wellstar, Wingate, King Center, RenewAtlanta
- 2017 Sponsors: Presenting sponsor Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center, Accelerant sponsor Wingate Companies, Beer sponsor Wicked Weed Brewing, Liquor Sponsor Tito’s Vodka and VIP sponsors Creature Comforts and Arches Brewing. Themed lounge by Gas South and Hot Spots by Modern Dental, Perennial Properties, Pinnacle Credit Union, Parking Company of America and Sparks sponsor DigitechU.
- SPONSORSHIP DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2017 TO BE ON PRINTED MATERIALS: Become A Sponsor
- VOLUNTEER: 4 hour shifts Sign up until April 20 Volunteer Orientations 5/3 or 5/6
6:45: Community Information:
- MORE MARTA: Listening Session: Thursday March 23, 2017, 6:30-8:00PM Big Bethel AME
- Parkway/Wabash Park Future Community Meeting #2 :Tuesday March 28 6-7:30PM Blueprint Church
- Dekalb Avenue Complete Streets Public Input Meeting 2: March 30, 2017 6-8PM Liberty Baptist Church
- LAST DAY for Public Comment on RENEW ATLANTA Monroe/Boulevard Complete Streets Project: Friday March 31, 2017 www.RenewAtlantaBond.com RenewAtlanta@AtlantaGA.gov
- FWN: Hope Hill Mural Highland/Randolph. Donate supplies, time or help paint by number. April 19-23. email@example.com
6:50-6:55: FYI: O4WBA Member Events
- Moving in the Spirit: YASS: Young Artistic Strong Sisters Friday March 24, 8-9PM, FREE Agnes Scott
- Old Fourth Distillery: Mayoral Candidate Meet and Greet Series: Ceasar Mitchell Thursday March 29, 2017
- 6:30-8:30 PM, FREE. Limited Space. Must RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.876.3365
- Martin Luther King Sr Center: FREE Tax Prep, Tuesdays & Saturdays until 4/17. Great for employees
6:55: Introductions: State your name, business name and if you are an O4WBA member
JOIN US FOR NETWORKING HAPPY HOUR AFTER THE MEETING @ 7:00PM
BQE RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE |262 EDGEWOOD AVE NE
Limited Free parking off of Bell Street. Enter via Auburn since Bell is one way.
2017 Meetings: April 26, FIRE IN THE FOURTH – MAY 20, 2017, May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27,