O4WBA Board of Directors Present:, Lindsey Knodel: Pinnacle Credit Union, Treasurer; Heather Infantry: Moving in the Spirit, Secretary, Jeff Yancey: Bellfounder Consulting, Burke Sisco: BeltLandia: Co-Vice President, Lara Smith: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chair and Kit Sutherland: Sutherland Associates LLC, Community Liaison. Not attending: Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc; Joe Stewardson, President, Big Boy Development, Michael Garber, Gimbal Group: Public Safety Chair; Kim Ryan: WellStar Atlanta Medical Center; Matt Ruppert: Noni’s, Festival Chair; Kevin John Gillese: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chair, Stephanie Davis: Google Fiber
O4WBA Members, Present: Black Sheep Tavern + Oyster Room, Fidelity Bank, Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc., Good Places LLC, Harbor Grace Hospice, Operation PEACE, Parking Company of America, Perennial Properties, Pinnacle Credit Union, Queen of Cream, Stuart Sutherland Law, LLC, The Martin Luther King Jr., Center, Wingate Companies
Community Members: Our Lady of Lourdes, SBS Parking Enforcement, Black Sheep Tavern + Oyster Room, Tim Hollis, Andrea Harris, Rashid Muhammad, Robin Parson, Amir Farokhi, Andrew Roberts, Dondel Bullock
Check out the new O4W Resource Guide. It provides useful information for potential, new and current members.
June 28, 2017 Meeting Minutes – APPROVED
- June 2017 P&L
- Membership dues are down $900 from last year. Members are asked to renew their membership and pay outstanding dues.
Membership Update- 106 Members + 20 up for renewal – 2017 Goal: 150 Members
NEW Members: Varuni Napoli @ Krog Street Market
Members: Alkaloid Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co., AMLI Park Ponce, Anthem on Ashley, Ardent Companies, Atlanta Dream Center, Inc., Atlanta Real Estate Assembly, Bantam Pub, be(e)som candles, Bellfounder Consulting, BeltLandia, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, Big Boy Development Inc., Black Sheep Tavern + Oyster Room, Bradshaw Management Company, Cafe 458 & Cafe 458 Sunday Brunch, Cafe Circa, Caren West PR, Chrome Yellow Trading Co., Condesa Coffee, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, Ed Woods & Associates LLC., Edgewood Corner Tavern, Edgewood Pizza, Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc., Georgia Justice Project, Gimbal Group, Google Fiber, Harbor Grace Hospice, Hungeling Design, Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club, Improp, LLC, INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC, Intown Piano, Janke Glass Studio, Joystick Gamebar, King of Pops, Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall, Let our House Be Your Home, Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio, Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative, McElreath and Stevens LLC, Modern Dental, MOTHER, Moving in the Spirit, NavMar LLC, Noni’s, Old 4th Distillery, Operation PEACE, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Out of Hand Theater, P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood, PacificPoint Realty, LLC, Perennial Properties, Pinnacle Credit Union, Ponce City Market, Queen of Cream, RPG Holdings, LLC, RWL German Imports, Inc., Sister Louisa’s CHURCH, Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH, Space Shop Self Storage, Stoney’s, Stuart Sutherland Law, LLC, Studioplex, Sweet Auburn Curb Market, Sweet Auburn Works, Inc., Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC, Terry D. Jackson, P.C., The BQE restaurant and lounge, The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward, The Martin Luther King Jr., Center, the Sound Table, Thumb’s-Up Diner, Vantage Realty Partners, LLC, Venkman’s, Village Theatre, WellStar Atlanta Medical Center, Wingate Companies
Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta, Helene Mills Senior Center, House of Representatives District 58, Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member, National Park Service
Associate Members: 725 Ponce, A3C Festival, Atlanta Intown, Atlanta Movie Tours, EnRapturing Entertainment, Fabric Developers, LLC, Fidelity Bank, FitWit, Gas South, Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate, Good Places LLC, Hungeling CPA, idealDESIGN,inc, Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc., Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC, Parking Company of America, Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS), The Imperial Opa Circus, The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc, Urban Enterprises, Varuni Napoli, Krog Street Market
O4WBA Strategic Plan:
- Lara Smith is heading up a strategic planning process for the association starting August 2017. The goal of the strategic plan is to identify goals for the future growth and expansion of the association and create a unifying mission and statement of values. The process will begin with stakeholder interviews.
- If you are interested in joining the strategic planning committee email Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Safety Committee:
- Rashid Muhammad, Co-Chair of NPU-M Public Safety Committee, announced plans for National Night Out. The event takes place at Selena Butler Park on 8/1/17 from 6-8 PM. The event is free and open to the public and an opportunity to engage with local law enforcement.
- The Edgewood Avenue Security initiative is still under way as long as fund are available to subsidize the $880 weekly cost for 2 officers on Fridays and Saturdays. Click here is you are interested in contribution to the security effort. 2017 Edgewood Avenue Security Timeline
- Call 311 if you see problems on the street such as potholes or street signs down. You can also report it at http://www.atl311.com. Send the email and confirmation# to email@example.com that the public safety chair can compile and monitor the City’s completion.
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
Edgewood Avenue Corridor Initiative:
- Save the date for for the EACI Public Presentation on Wed. August 9th @ 6PM- Dad’s Garage
- The presentation is part of a long-term planning effort to assess possible solutions on Edgewood Avenue from 5 Points to Krog St.
- Central Atlanta Progress/ADID Town Hall: Thurs July 27, 7:30 am, American Cancer Society REGISTER
- 2017 Back to Business Conference: August 8-12, sponsored by City Council President, Ceasar Mitchell REGISTER
- District 2 & 5 Candidate Town Hall: Sept 10, 2-5PM @ Dad’s Garage. FREE | Sponsored by O4W
- Peace Park: Seeking Architect and Funding Tim Hollis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Fourth Ward Tour of Homes: Fourth Ward Neighbors. Sept 10, Noon-5pm
- 8th Annual Taste of the Fourth: Fourth Ward Alliance. Thursday Sept 14, 6-9PM. $25 Tickets
O4WBA Member Events
- Moving in the Spirit: National Dance Day: Saturday July 29, 11:00-12:30pm, FREE REGISTER
- Operation PEACE: Raising a Glass Rewards with Benefit Auction Thurs Aug 17 6pm | $100 Ticket
- BQE Restaurant: Mural Installation See design Read about the artist
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church: 2017 “Walk by Faith” 3K: Sept 30 8am-2PM Register | Volunteer | SPONSOR| DONATE
Meeting adjourned 6:48PM.
Minutes submitted by Heather Infantry.