Thank you to everyone who attended the first general meeting of 2017. We love when meeting attendees join us for networking happy hour. Thank you Georgia Beer Garden for hosting.
O4WBA Board of Directors Present:, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc.; Michael Garber, Gimbal Group: Public Safety Chair; Lindsey Knodel: Pinnacle Credit Union, Treasurer; Heather Infantry: Moving in the Spirit, Secretary, Jeff Yancey: Bellfounder Consulting, Burke Sisco: BeltLandia: Co-Vice President, Marjan Yavari: NavMar, Co-Vice President, Matt Ruppert: Noni’s, Festival Chair, Stephanie Davis: Google Fiber, and Joe Stewardson, President, Big Boy Development.
BOD Absent: Kit Sutherland: Sutherland Associates LLC, Community Liaison, Eric Lawton, Modern Dental, Lara Smith: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chairs, Kim Ryan: WellStar Atlanta Medical Center, Kevin Gillese: Dad’s Garage.
O4WBA Members Present: AMLI Parkside, Bellfounder Consulting, BeltLandia, Gas South, Gimbal Group, Google Fiber, Harbor Grace Hospice, Impact Sports/Highland Athletic Club, Kwanza Hall Office, Madame CJ Walker Museum, Moving in the Spirit, National Park Service, Operation PEACE, Our Lady of Lourdes, Parking Company of America, PEDS, Pinnacle Credit Union,.
Community Attendees: Office of Rep. Park Cannon, Kenneth Williams, A Mano, Fourth Ward Alliance, Chti Chat Chew Show, Golfing for Austim, Princess Wilson, Sarah Drummond, Cathy for Atlanta, Kindezi School, G&H Tax Accounting, Atlanta Bicycle Coaltion, Raintree Waste, Phyllis Irvin, Central Atlanta Progress, Modern Dental, Keller Williams Realty, SunTrust.
- Nothing to report
Approval of Minutes:
- November 16, 2016 Meeting Minutes – APPROVED
- Ended 2016 with $9,300 balance due to increase in membership (December P&L)
- We have moved our bank account to Pinnacle Credit Union
- Review 2017 Operating Budget for highlights
- 107 Members + 26 up for renewal (please renew membership online)
- 2017 Goal: 150 Members (share membership perks with your network)
- RENEWING Members: Hungeling Design, Big Boy Development, Operation PEACE
- Members: Alkaloid,Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co. AMLI O4W AMLI Park Ponce AMLI Parkside Ardent Companies Atlanta Dream Center, Inc. Atlanta Real Estate Assembly Bantam Pub Bellfounder Consulting BeltLandia Bicycle Tours of Atlanta Big Boy Development Inc. Bradshaw Management Company Cafe Circa Caren West PR Centered Table Co. Chrome Yellow Trading Co. City of Ink City Winery Atlanta Condesa Coffee Dad’s Garage Theatre Company Ed Woods & Associates LLC. Edgewood Corner Tavern Face.Eye.Body Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc. Gauge Fitness, LLC Gimbal Group Google Fiber Harbor Grace Hospice Havana Cigars Hungeling Design Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club Improp, LLC INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC Intown Piano J MILES SALON Janke Glass Studio just add honey tea company Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative McArthur’s Apothecary McElreath and Stevens LLC Modern Dental MOTHER Moving in the Spirit NavMar LLC Noni’s Old 4th Distillery Operation PEACE Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Out of Hand Theater P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood PacificPoint Realty, LLC Peaceful Clouds, LLC Pinnacle Credit Union Ponce City Market Queen of Cream RPG Holdings, LLC RWL German Imports, Inc. Sister Louisa’s CHURCH Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH Soket Space Shop Self Storage Stoney’s Sutherland Associates, LLC Sweet Auburn Curb Market Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC Terry D. Jackson, P.C. The BQE restaurant and lounge The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward The Martin Luther King Jr., Center the Sound Table Vantage Realty Partners, LLC Venkman’s Village Theatre Waheh WAX WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Wingate Companies
- Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta Natalyn Archibong Helene Mills Senior CenterHouse of Representatives District 58 Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member National Park Service
- Associate Members:725 Ponce A3C Festival Armus Media Group Atlanta Intown Atlanta Movie Tours EnRapturing Entertainment Fidelity Bank FitWit Gas South Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate Hungeling CPA idealDESIGN,inc Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc. Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC Parking Company of America Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS) ShiftWeb Solutions Social Media For Small Business, Inc. The Imperial Opa Circus The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc Urban Enterprises
- New member perk – email email@example.com by the 3rd Wednesday of each month, if you want to share news related to your business. Include images and flyers in JPG format as well as website links. You will have 3 minutes to present. Limited to 4 slots per month, deadline strictly enforced.
Social Media & Contact Update: Kit Sutherland: Community Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow & Like Us @ O4WBA: Twitter, Facebook & Instagram. Use #O4WBA #O4W
- We share member’s posts, tweets & grams. Please do the same for @O4WBA.
- Add email@example.com to your Public Relations list for all press releases
- Make note of our new mailing address – 130 Boulevard NE #3 Atlanta GA 30312
Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPU-M January 19 Public Safety Meeting Agenda – nothing to report
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
- The Security Camera Mapping Project is for any business operating in O4W. Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 17 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD but not the general public.
- 311: If you see problems on the street (pot holes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to email@example.com to compile and monitor their completion.
- REPORT WATER LEAKS IMMEDIATELY
Theme: 100 Years After the Fire | FREE All-Ages | Edgewood and Auburn Aves
2017 Sponsors: Presenting Sponsor: Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center Accelerant: Wingate Companies
- New website to go live soon
- Phoenix Flies: Ride the Fire Bike Tour with Bicycle Tours of Atlanta: March 21, 2017: 12:30 PM
- Central Atlanta Progress: Jennifer Ball firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downtown Atlanta Master Plan: Fill out survey by January 31st www.PlanDowntownATL.com
- Atlanta Arts & Entertainment District (a.k.a. Downtown Sign District) Presentation here
- FYI: Butler Street Y to be transformed into Live Nation music venue
- Central Atlanta Progress Town Hall Meeting: Thursday Jan 26 @ 7:30AM-9:30AM GSU Student Ctr
- Atlanta Streetcar Try if for FREE: Tuesday January 31st- All Day
O4WBA Member/Community Events
- PEDS, a statewide pedestrian safety program, is launching walking groups targeting folks age 50 and above. There are three groups in O4W. Click links for more information – 50 + Walks City Lights Facebook Page for Midtown/O4W. Volunteers are needed to lead walking groups.
- Congratulations to Condesa Coffee on their 5 Year Anniversary this month
- Intergenerational Resource Center (IRC) needs Volunteers. Contact Miriam Thompson, Executive Director 404-524-1023
- Google Fiber Business Sign Ups are still open. Go to Google Fiber Space at Ponce City Market.
Adjourned 6:57 PM
Submitted by Heather Infantry, Madame Secretary
2017 Meetings: February 22, March 22, April 26, May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27, October 25, November 15, December 6, 2017 Holiday Happy Hours