PONCE CITY MARKET & OLD FOURTH WARD BUSINESS ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCE “FIREWORKS IN FOURTH WARD,” A FAMILY-FRIENDLY FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION
Free & Open to The Public, The Inaugural Community Event Will Be Held At Historic Fourth Ward Park
Guests Can Also View the Fireworks Show from The Roof at Ponce City Market
Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 | 5-10PM
Where: Historic Fourth Ward Park (H4WP) on the lawn across from Ponce City Market
What: Bring a blanket to the H4WP and enjoy a FREE, family friendly community event featuring food trucks, craft beers and wine for sale, kid’s activities, and cornhole games with a spectacular fireworks display after sunset. Tents and umbrellas are allowed.
Sponsors: Ponce City Market, Skyline Park, How Stuff Works, Atlanta Dream Center Church, Creature Comforts Brewing Co., Three Taverns Craft Beers, Montane Spring Water, Gas South, Dad’s Garage Theater Company and Good2Grow.
Volunteer: Looking for help with checking IDs and beer/wine sales. Every volunteer will get 2 drink tickets for donating 2 hours of your time. Don’t worry, all volunteers will be under a tent and out of the sun. Just dress 4th of July festive. SIGN UP
Food Trucks & Treats: Spice the Americas, King Kabob, Istanbul Gyro, Vittles Food Truck, Original Hot Dog Factory, King of Pops, Queen of Cream and Poppa Corns Gourmet Popcorn.
Kid’s Activities: Atlanta Dream Center Church Doughnut Wall, Games and Free water. Face Painting and Henna Tattoos, and Good2Grow kid’s activities and sampling.
Need to Know Info:
- N. Angier Avenue will be closed at 6am on July 4th. This is where the food trucks and portable restrooms will be located.
- Tents, chairs and canopy tents are allowed. Be respectful of others.
- Bring a picnic or enjoy the food trucks. No grilling allowed.
- No drones allowed. This is a no fly zone.
- No outside alcohol is allowed, as this is a permitted event with beer and wine sales. We’re a nonprofit after all, and all sales help us keep the O4W clean, safe and thriving.
- Leave your dogs at home too, there will be a lot of people and the fireworks often scare pups.
- The amphitheater will be closed starting at 5pm on July 4th since it is a fireworks fall out zone. No viewing will be allowed.
Getting to the Park: The events and best fireworks watching location is on the lawn across from Ponce City Market between North Avenue and Rankin Street.
- Lyft and Uber pick up will be located at Rankin Street/Garden Park Drive and Morgan/Dallas Street as well as Ponce City Market locations.
- Please walk or bike. There are a lot of bike racks at every entrance to the park.
- There is limited street parking and you can always pay to park at PCM. Parking at PCM benefits the Atlanta BeltLine.
For Immediate Release (Atlanta, GA) — In partnership with Old Fourth Ward Business Association, Ponce City Market announces its 2018 Fourth of July celebration “Fireworks in Fourth Ward.” Free and open to the public, the community event will be held across the street from Ponce City Market at Historic Fourth Ward Park from 5pm to 10pm.
The inaugural festival will offer family-friendly activities, including cornhole by Gas South, face painting and more. There will also be bites from local vendors and food trucks, and pours from wine tents, Creature Comforts Brewing Co. and Three Taverns Craft Beers. All beverage proceeds will directly benefit the Old Fourth Ward Business Association whose mission is to create a safe and sustainable community environment for businesses and residents alike.
Once the sun sets, the evening will culminate in a grand fireworks show. Attendees are invited to stream or download a curated music soundtrack from Ponce City Market’s website and listen to July 4th tunes alongside every crackle and pop.
The Fourth of July fireworks show can also be seen from The Roof at Ponce City Market during their Rooftop Backyard BBQ. The luau-themed event begins at 5pm and will offer attendees two ticket levels – VIP access at Nine Mile Station ($85), which includes an elevated BBQ buffet, drink tickets, unlimited slide and Heege Tower rides, and seating during the fireworks, and General Admission at Skyline Park ($65), which offers a BBQ buffet, access to games, drink tickets and entertainment. While space is available, guests can purchase walk-up tickets on July 4th beginning at 8pm for the evening fireworks show.
Expected to draw several thousand people, attendees are encouraged to bike, walk or use a ride share service to travel to and from the event. Bike racks are located throughout Historic Fourth Ward Park and at Ponce City Market, and pick-up points for Uber and Lyft users are available at Ponce City Market and adjacent to the park on the corner of Garden Park Drive and Rankin Street.
Ponce City Market restaurants and retail shops will be open during normal hours, from 10am to 9pm, on July 4th.