O4WBA Board of Directors, Present: Lindsey Knodel: Pinnacle Credit Union, Treasurer; Heather Infantry: Moving in the Spirit, Secretary, Lara Smith: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chair and Kit Sutherland: Sutherland Associates LLC, Community Liaison, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc; Joe Stewardson, President, Big Boy Development, Michael Garber, Gimbal Group: Public Safety Chair; Matt Ruppert: Noni’s, Festival Chair. Not Present: Kim Ryan: WellStar Atlanta Medical Center, Jeff Yancey: Bellfounder Consulting, Burke Sisco: BeltLandia: Co-Vice President, Kevin John Gillese: Dad’s Garage Theatre, Entertainment Co-Chair, Stephanie Davis: Google Fiber
O4WBA Members, Present: Ardent Companies, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, Harbor Grace Hospice, Historic Fourth Ward Park Conservancy, Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member, Moving in the Spirit, National Park Service, Pinnacle Credit Union, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Ponce City Market, Stuart Sutherland Law LLC, Sweet Auburn Works Inc., The Martin Luther King Jr. Center
Community Members: Ponce City Market, Fetch Park Ice House, FWA, Haddon House, HPAC, Inc, Tim Hollis, Princess Wilson
July 26, 2017 Meeting Minutes – APPROVED
- Current P&L 2017, $4,718 balance as of 7/31/17
- Membership down $2,400
Membership Update- 107 Members + 17 up for renewal – 2017 Goal: 150 Members NEW Members: The Masquerade, Historic 4th Ward Park Conservancy, Premier Chronic Pain CareRENEWING Members: Moving in the Spirit, Google Fiber, AMLI Park Ponce, Sweet Auburn Seafood
Members: Alkaloid Networks LLC,AMLI O4W,AMLI Park Ponce,Anthem on Ashley,Ardent Companies,Atlanta Dream Center, Inc.,Bantam Pub,Bellfounder Consulting,BeltLandia,Bicycle Tours of Atlanta,Big Boy Development Inc.,Black Sheep Tavern + Oyster Room,Bradshaw Management Company,Cafe 458 & Cafe 458 Sunday Brunch,Cafe Circa,Caren West PR,Chrome Yellow Trading Co.,Condesa Coffee,Dad’s Garage Theatre Company,Ed Woods & Associates LLC.,Edgewood Corner Tavern,Edgewood Pizza,Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc.,Georgia Justice Project,Gimbal Group,Google Fiber,Harbor Grace Hospice,Historic Fourth Ward Park Conservancy,Hungeling Design,Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club,Improp, LLC,INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC,Intown Piano,Janke Glass Studio,Joystick Gamebar,King of Pops,Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall,Let our House Be Your Home,Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio,Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative,McElreath and Stevens LLC,MOTHER,Moving in the Spirit,NavMar LLC,Noni’s,Old 4th Distillery,Operation PEACE,Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church,P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood,PacificPoint Realty, LLC,Perennial Properties,Pinnacle Credit Union,PREMIER CHRONIC PAIN CARE,Queen of Cream,RPG Holdings, LLC,RWL German Imports, Inc.,Sister Louisa’s CHURCH,Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH,Space Shop Self Storage,Stoney’s,Stuart Sutherland Law, LLC,Studioplex,Sweet Auburn Curb Market,Sweet Auburn Works, Inc.,Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC,Terry D. Jackson, P.C.,The BQE restaurant and lounge,The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward,The Martin Luther King Jr., Center,the Sound Table,Thumb’s-Up Diner,Vantage Realty Partners, LLC,Village Theatre,WellStar Atlanta Medical Center,Wingate Companies
Honorary Members: Atlanta Real Estate Assembly,District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta,Helene Mills Senior Center,House of Representatives District 58,Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner,Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member,National Park Service,Ponce City Market
Associate Members: 725 Ponce,A3C Festival,Atlanta Intown,Atlanta Movie Tours,EnRapturing Entertainment,Fabric Developers, LLC,Fidelity Bank,FitWit,Gas South,Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate,Good Places LLC,Hungeling CPA,idealDESIGN,inc,Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc.,MASQUERADE INC,Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC,Parking Company of America,Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS),The Imperial Opa Circus,The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc,Urban Enterprises,Varuni Napoli Krog Street Market
O4WBA Strategic Plan:
- We are at the five year mark for the association and now it’s time to identify a vision for future growth. The strategic planning committee will gather input from the membership.Contact Lara Smith at plan@O4WA.com to get involved.
Public Safety Committee:
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 17 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD.
- FOR ALL OF O4W. Send screenshot of camera and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to email@example.com to compile & monitor their completion.
- O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
Edgewood Avenue Corridor Initiative:
- EACI Public Presentation: NEW DATE!!! Wednesday September 20th, 6-8PM @ Dad’s Garage- FREE with community conversations from 8-9PM @ Georgia Beer Garden (420 Edgewood Ave)
- Expert Panel discussion with Tim Keane Commissioner, Dept. of City Planning and Jennifer Ball, Vice President, Planning and Economic Development, Central Atlanta Progress
- Read the blog post here for more information
- What & Where: Discovery phase to assess possible solutions on Edgewood Ave. from 5 Points to Krog St. to address immediate safety concerns & street planning.
- Goal: To produce an outline of possible solutions to City of Atlanta and work together on next steps.
- Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade: Saturday Sept 9: 7:15pm-10PM- Irwin Street @ Eastside Trail
- D2 & D5 City Council Candidate Town Hall: Sunday Sept 10th: 2PM @ Dad’s Garage. FREE
- Old Fourth Ward Tour of Homes: Fourth Ward Neighbors. Sept 10, Noon-5pm Volunteer
- Downtown Master Plan: Wed. Sept 13, 3-7PM. Live Presentation @ 5:30pm- Central Atlanta Library
- 8th Annual Taste of the Fourth: Fourth Ward Alliance. Thursday Sept 14, 6-9PM. $35 Tickets
- Atlanta on the Move: Mayoral Candidates for Transportation: Tues. Sept 19, 6-9PM- FREE
O4WBA Member Announcements
- Moving in the Spirit: Open House Saturday August 26, 11AM-1PM
- The King Center: Beloved Community Talks Monday Aug 28, 6PM – FREE- space is limited
- Sweet Auburn Works: Family Day Culture Fest: Saturday Sept 23, 10AM-5PM, FREE
- Harbor Grace Hospice: Volunteers Needed! Contact Zeena Regis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindezi School O4W: A Few Seats Still Available for K-7th! kindezi.org– Click on Enroll
- Bicycles tours of Atlanta is offering a new 3 hour civil rights tour
Meeting adjourned 6:55 PM.
Minutes submitted by Heather Infantry.