O4WBA Board of Directors Present:, Jennifer Ohme, Executive Director: idealDESIGN, Inc.; Michael Garber, Gimbal Group: Public Safety Chair; Lindsey Knodel: Pinnacle Credit Union, Treasurer; Heather Infantry: Moving in the Spirit, Secretary, Jeff Yancey: Bellfounder Consulting, Marjan Yavari: NavMar, Co-Vice President, Matt Ruppert: Noni’s, Festival Chair, Joe Stewardson, President, Big Boy Development, Kim Ryan: WellStar Atlanta Medical Center, Burke Sisco: BeltLandia: Co-Vice President, and Kit Sutherland: Sutherland Associates LLC, Community Liaison.
O4WBA Members: Anthem on Ashley, Fidelity Bank,Harbor Grace Hospice,INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC,Old 4th Distillery,Operation PEACE,Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
The Martin Luther King Jr., Center,Wingate Companies
Community Attendees: Jim Moulton, Liliana Bakhtias, Karim Lawrence, Phyllis Irvin, Liana Sisco, Cheryl Hedgemore, Da Schoolfield, Tyrone Mallory, Harlon Toye, Michaela Jamison, Kent Spencer, Lynne Scroggins, Michael Garb, Henry Gunn, Jr., Francis Wells, Alan Cabuik, Valerie Baker, Lauren Welsh
- NPU Update – Herndon home development with GA Tech, Big Bethel AME Auburn Avenue and Wesley Dobbs development
Approval of Minutes:
- March 22, 2017 Meeting Minutes – APPROVED
- March 2017 P&L
- $12,844 balance in Pinnacle account and $16,578 in State Bank account
- 105 Members + 17 up for renewal – 2017 Goal: 150 Members
- NEW Members: Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall, King of Pops, Anthem on Ashley
- RENEWING Members: Atlanta Dream Center, Wingate Companies, MOTHER, RWL German Imports, Parking Company of America
- Members: Alkaloid,Networks LLC, American National Insurance Co. AMLI O4W AMLI Park Ponce AMLI Parkside Ardent Companies Atlanta Dream Center, Inc. Atlanta Real Estate Assembly Bantam Pub Bellfounder Consulting BeltLandia Bicycle Tours of Atlanta Big Boy Development Inc. Bradshaw Management Company Cafe 458 Cafe Circa Caren West PR Centered Table Co. Chrome Yellow Trading Co. City of Ink City Winery Atlanta Condesa Coffee Dad’s Garage Theatre Company Ed Woods & Associates LLC. Edgewood Corner Tavern Face.Eye.Body Fred Martin Welding Co., Inc. Gauge Fitness, LLC Gimbal Group Google Fiber Harbor Grace Hospice Havana Cigars Hungeling Design Impact Sports LLC/ Highland Athletic Club Improp, LLC INTERGENERATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER, INC Intown Piano J MILES SALON Janke Glass Studio just add honey tea company Madame CJ Walker Museum/W.E.R.D. Radio Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative McArthur’s Apothecary McElreath and Stevens LLC Modern Dental MOTHER Moving in the Spirit NavMar LLC Noni’s Old 4th Distillery Operation PEACE Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Out of Hand Theater P. Gaston Restaurants, LLC dba Sweet Auburn Seafood PacificPoint Realty, LLC Peaceful Clouds, LLC Pinnacle Credit Union Ponce City Market Queen of Cream RPG Holdings, LLC RWL German Imports, Inc. Sister Louisa’s CHURCH Sister Louisa’s Church MURCH Soket Space Shop Self Storage Stoney’s Sutherland Associates, LLC Sweet Auburn Curb Market Sytt Building Maintenance, LLC Terry D. Jackson, P.C. The BQE restaurant and lounge The Kindezi School at Old Fourth Ward The Martin Luther King Jr., Center the Sound Table Vantage Realty Partners, LLC Venkman’s Village Theatre Waheh WAX WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Wingate Companies
- Honorary Members: District 5 Councilmember City of Atlanta Natalyn Archibong Helene Mills Senior Center House of Representatives District 58 Joan Garner Fulton County Commissioner Kwanza Hall City of Atlanta District 2 Council Member National Park Service
- Associate Members:725 Ponce A3C Festival Atlanta Intown Atlanta Movie Tours EnRapturing Entertainment Fidelity Bank FitWit Gas South Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate Hungeling CPA idealDESIGN,inc Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Inc. Meredith Shearer & Associates, LLC Parking Company of America Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety (PEDS) Social Media For Small Business, Inc. The Imperial Opa Circus The Wellness Sanctuary, Inc Urban Enterprise
Edgewood Avenue Corridor Initiative:
- Edgewood Ave. lying east of I-85 & west of Krog St. to address immediate safety concerns and street planning.
- O4WBA has contracted Bellfounder for 2-3 month discovery phase at $2000. Funds for the discovery phase “have” been raised by stakeholders and managed by O4WBA
- EACI will include public input sessions. Outcome is to produce an outline of possible solutions for City of Atlanta.
- Bellfounder working with Tim Keane to develop long-term plan for project
Fire in the Fourth: Saturday May 20, 2017 3-11PM
- We’ve raised $70,000 Need $10,000 more
- Planning to commemorate the memorial of Ms. Firestone
Member Presentation: Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
- Wellstar has 11 hospitals, 2,900 physicians and tertiary care center making it the largest hospital system in Georgia
- They are the leader in water births and level one trauma
- $53M earmarked for capital improvements
- Invest Atlanta: North Avenue Innovation Corridor
- Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SMARTATL
- Downtown Atlanta Master Plan: www.AtlantaDowntown.com • Downtown Atlanta on Facebook
Public Safety Committee:
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 17 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD.
- FOR ALL OF O4W. Send screenshot of camera and contact info to email@example.com
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to firstname.lastname@example.org to compile & monitor their completion.
Submitted by Heather Infantry