MEETING MINUTES: April 25, 2018
6:00 PM: Meeting: City Lights Apartments | 420 Boulevard NE
Networking Happy Hour to Follow: City Lights Tour and Refreshments by Wingate Companies
- Introductions: Your name, business name/ address. Also mention if you are an O4WBA member.
- NPU-M Update: Next Meeting: Monday May 28, @ 6pm- Loudermilk Center calendar
- Approve/Amend: March 28, 2018 Meeting Minutes: Minutes from March 28, 2018 were approved with no changes.
- FYI: No Fire in the 4th. No General Meetings in June or July. NEW EVENT Fireworks in H4WP, July 4th
- NO GENERAL MEETING for O4WBA in June and July to allow the board and community to focus on the strategic plans. The August general meeting will be a presentation of what the board will work towards in the next 5 years.
6:15: Treasurer’s Report: Lindsay Knodel: Treasurer: email@example.com Bank Balance: $14,138.70
Membership Update- 84 Members NEW: Law Office of Nancy B. Goodman, PC
RENEWING: Wingate Companies, Parking Company of America
- JOIN THE O4WBA TODAY! www.O4WBA.com Large: Annual $1000, Monthly $83.50, Medium: Annual $750, Monthly $62.50 Small: Annual $500, Monthly $41.67, Home Based: $250 annual, Non-Profit: $250 annual,
Sweet Auburn Curb Market Vendors: $200 annual
6:20: Member Story of Connection:Johnny Martinez & Brandon Ley, Owners Georgia Beer Garden
- The O4WBA notified Johnny and Brandon about a grant that allowed the 2 to open the Georgia Beer Garden. Without the $200,000 Facade Improvement Grant from Invest Atlanta. O4WBA connected and informed them of the grant.
6:25: O4WBA Strategic Planning Update: Lara Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- What we have accomplished since 2012- SEE HERE August 22, 2018 presentation
- The 3 focuses for the strategic plan are perception of safety/security, bike/walk-ability, connecting business and key stakeholders.
- August general meeting will present to the pull the plan for the next 5 years.
- The work on North Ave has dramatically decreased traffic incidents and reduced trash by 25%.
- Soon there will be a shuttle from Ponce City Market to the Peachtree Marta station.
- Shuttle will run 14 hours a day in 10-20 minutes intervals.
- 4-16 passenger shuttles
- Still determining a fee.
6:35: City Lights 2 Development & Upcoming Plans by Wingate Companies:
Roderick W. Teachey, Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer, Wingate Capital Associates, LLC
email@example.com | 404.252.3502
- Presentation: City Lights 2 Development, Affordable Housing, Operation PEACE, Historic District
- Wingate will be renovating their properties in a 5-7 year plan.
- Currently 733 unites and 75 buildings. This will change to 1200 units and 15 building.
- Some buildings will be combined, which allows for better security and better maintenance.
- Each building will be unique and have personality that fits to the O4W.
- There will be a mix of market rate buildings and affordable housing.
- See Presentation
FYI: Public Safety Committee: CHAIR: Michael Garber (Gimbal Group) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security Camera Mapping Project: Send screenshot of exterior street facing camera with contact info. 35 cameras mapped to date. Information is shared with APD. FOR ALL OF O4W.
- 311: If you see problems on the street (potholes, street signs down) please report it at http://www.atl311.com and send email & confirmation # to email@example.com to compile & monitor their completion. 55 issues resolved in 2017! O4WBA Public Safety Quick Guide
FYI: Member Events & Announcements:
- Civic Center Redevelopment Meeting Recap by Kit Sutherland READ AND LEARN
- Atlanta BeltLine: Fill out the Community Survey
7:00: Adjourn Tour City Lights and enjoy refreshments provided by Wingate Companies
NEXT MONTH 5/23: Special Presentation with District 2 Council member Amir Farokhi @ AMLI Park Ponce