Thank you for supporting the Old Fourth Ward Business Association in 2016. We turn 5 in March and will produce our 3rd Annual Fire in the Fourth on May 20, 2017. This year our goal is grow membership to 150 members with the focus on building a sustainable, connected business community in the Old Fourth Ward.
Take a minute to remember all we’ve accomplished together. Let’s start with the most recent.
- A successful 4th Annual Holiday Happy Hours at Google Fiber on December 7th. Read more and check out the photos. Thank you to all the businesses who donated to make this evening delicious and fun!
- We were a neighborhood champion on Small Business Saturday November 26th. Shop Small Scavenger Hunt in partnership with Sweet Auburn Works, Atlanta Streetcar and Relay Bike Share.
- 36 businesses were hunt locations for 12 teams
- Co-hosted Eastside TAD workshop on November 3rd with Invest Atlanta and Sweet Auburn Works. Refresh your memory with all the workshop materials here.
- Elected a new board of directors on October 22nd. Get to know who will be volunteering in 2017!
- Trademarked the O4W logo on October 16th. Read more about the story and purpose.
- Moved our meeting location to the Helene Mills Senior Center on August 24th. All of our meetings will be held here on the 4th Wednesday of the month in 2017.
- Produced our 2nd Annual Fire in the Fourth festival on May 21st. Over 8000 people attended from as far as Washington state. Thank you to all the sponsors and volunteers who made this fundraising event a success!
- First graffiti clean up on April 22nd. Check out the progress.
- Created Ride the Fire Bike Tour with Bicycle Tours of Atlanta for Phoenix Flies in March. 15 attendees rode 5 miles along the path of the Great Atlanta Fire. This tour was offered again at Fire in the Fourth in May.
- Launched Public Safety Campaign: Keep it Secret Keep it Safe. From funds from our first Fire in the Fourth, we created this proactive campaign with District 2 councilmember Kwanza Hall’s office in February.
O4WBA by the Numbers
- Membership dues revenue increased 32% from $32,000 to $41,500. Total of 112 members
- Overall revenue increased 11% from $117,000 to $130,000
- We are ending the year with $11,000 in the bank
- Our net income decreased -203% from $23,000 to -$24,000
- This decrease is due to the high expense of Fire in the Fourth
- Held 12 Networking Happy Hours. Thank you to the following hosts/sponsors: Venkman’s, Dad’s Garage, Baked, Peaceful Clouds, Vantage Realty Partners, Havana Cigars & Auburn Ave Gifts, PopDog ATL Catering company at Modern Dental, Alkaloid Network, Fidelity Bank, Edgewood Corner Tavern sponsored by Invest Atlanta and Wax
- Increased our Facebook page by 50% for a 2162 followers.